Return on Empathy
There is no doubt in our current business environment we need to be creative, BOLD, courageous and nimble to survive. Small businesses, law firms, professional services and technology companies are scrambling to adapt to the current market trends. As a result of a powerful economic wrecking ball the size of a tiny microbe, called COVID-19. We need to apply, share and display the return on empathy.
If we evaluate the DNA makeup of what really adds value to our services, the key ingredient becomes genuinely clear. Businesses that empathize with their clients will see a return specific to the empathy they show in their actions.
However, the future plays out for businesses, they should focus on being empathic. The return on empathy is an intrinsic value, far greater than the book value of accounted assets. It’s more like a finding a lost treasure. Given this is such an extraordinarily rare world event, we will remember how someone made us feel during these times.
We need to weave these elements into our brand:
These components are needed for our brands to receive the bountiful rewards of a sovereign currency that gives back over many lifetimes.
What is the single sovereign currency that has real value in this current business environment and economy?
Answer: The empathy we show others during these times
Empathy is defined:
The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
We need more business leaders in this world that are empathic and courageous. Now, more than ever, is a time to focus on the wellbeing of others. This includes our clients, family and friends and those all around you.
Maya Angelou speaks of empathy as follows:
“I think we all have empathy. We may not have enough courage to display it.” – Maya Angelou
Branding and Business Tips… Being More Empathic:
- Become a great listener
- Be patient with your clients
- Give clients an empathy credit on their next invoice for billable hours is a great way to add value
- Adapt and learn new skills related to your profession that will add value to their brand – For example, if you are a general branding and marketing specialist learn more about SEO – Fantastic SEO Tool – Info SEMrush
- Share your client’s brand socially via your social channels and other influencers that can help them
- Be creative specific to your consulting and advice – Think outside the box by focusing on your clients’ needs by evaluating their brand from all angles
- Create a new strategy and branding plan that addresses new market conditions for our clients
Empathy produces enormous monetary returns when we take empathic action. The returns may be delayed, so patience is important. Take specific actions like listening to uncover client’s needs in order to place our mindset in their shoes… this way we can focus on their wellbeing. Listening and applying these tips during these incredibly challenging times will help us better serve each other.
Here at Social Brand Connector we truly empathize and care for the wellbeing of small business. Our goal is to grow your business even in these turbulent times.
We will get through this together by sharing and applying empathetic actions.
Publishing edited by Ted Rubin