Evaluating digital strategies of fertility centers, dermatologists, orthopedic surgeons, plastic surgeons and other businesses in a number of different industries allows one to see some complex challenges businesses are facings in our dynamic and rapidly changing online world.
Online reputation management can be a tedious and timely task, yet few businesses allocate the proper resources to build out an online architecture which will help combat negative commentary on their products or services. It is obvious who has spent the resources to proactively combat these challenges.
Below are a few quotes from some of the most influential poets and writers throughout history on the power of words.
- “One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.” - Al David
- “Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know more.” – Confucius
- “There is music in words, and it can be heard you know, by thinking.” E.L. Doctorow
- “I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Of all the weapons of destruction that man could invent, the most terrible-and the most powerful-was the word. Daggers and spears left traces of blood; arrows could be seen at a distance. Poisons were detected in the end and avoided. But the word managed to destroy without leaving clues.” – Paulo Coelho
It is a statistical fact in our digital world we are surrounded by words. For example, the initial search to begin looking for a product or service all begins with a series of words.
As you build out your online architecture it is important to be found under key terms as well as reviewed and commented on by people who have used your product or service and there is one key element and it begins with a “word”.
The following are the keys to begin developing a great online reputation.
- A a large number of LinkedIn recommendations from your professional network (partners, colleagues, projects and employers)
- Building solid social media communities with common interests who support your products and services who will become advocates
- Gaining Facebook, Google+ (likes) and Twitter followers by valid sources of influence
- Guest blogging from credible sources in your industry
- Actively publishing to your blog with proper ratios of non-sales and sales related value content
- Selling your products or services all the time becomes a turn off and can isolate and turn off your communities damaging your online reputation
Proper management begins dealing with these challenges directly and timely. The longer it stays out on Yelp, Google and other online reviewing sources the greater impact his is having on your organization.
Here are some suggestions to help combat any negative commentary and help fix your online reputation.
- Find a professional who is equipped and skilled to help combat your reputation
- Contact the people or entities – ask them if there is anything you can do to change their opinion – Some people have bad days and their actions were directed at your product/service due to a very bad day unrelated to your company and they decided to take it out on you
- Proactively publish new content addressing these issues if their seems to be a consistent message of negative commentary directed towards a specific product or service
- Turn a negative comment into a positive by becoming a better company and addressing these challenges
- The more positive publishing’s you have the more they outweigh any negative feedback
- Positive information - Fight negative comments with very positive – Have a satisfied client respond if they are unwilling to remove their negative comment
- Combating negative with negative leads to bigger challenges and increased expenses such as (legal, strategy and brand damage)
As the image in this publishing portrays by Nelson De La Nuez Titled: Martini Pomme de Magritte there is a proper serving of fruit and cocktail needed to proactively build a solid online reputation managing both health and toxin.
Thank you for taking the time to read my publishing. Your comments are greatly appreciated. To learn more fill out the contact form below with your name, website and any challenges you are facing in relation to this topic.